• All four live-streamed concerts (available from their premieres until June 30, 2022 - watch as often as you like!)
• First dibs on tickets for in-person seating at steeply discounted rates
• Free access to our new online Delving Deeper presentation
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
All concerts are Saturdays at 7:30 pm EDT
Our 2021-22 Season includes four concerts presented live from four of our beloved historical venues from cities and towns along the Old Boston Post Road, plus a new online Delving Deeper historical performance-presentation. We plan to welcome live audiences at our venues as safety regulations permit, while simultaneously streaming to audiences worldwide.
The core of your subscription is online access to the livestream for all four of our performances and our new Delving Deeper offering. Subscribers will have access to in-person ticket sales in advance of sales opening to the general public at less than half the cost of General Admission.
Your Subscription ($150 Individual/$300 Couple/Family) includes:
- Online admission to each livestreamed concert, if you want to watch remotely
- Continuous online access to each concert after its streamed premiere through June 30, 2022
- Advance access (prior to non-subscribers) to purchase IN-PERSON tickets when sales open two weeks prior to each concert.
- Discounted in-person ticket price of only $25 per ticket (Non-subscriber price is $58 per ticket). Note: Couple/Family Subscribers can purchase unlimited in-person tickets.
- Advance access to RESERVED seat selection (prior to non-subscribers) at the time of in-person ticket purchases
- Admission to our new online Delving Deeper historical performance-presentation (Episode 4) with continuous online access after its initial premiere through June 30, 2022
- Online access to Episodes 1-3 of our three popular Delving Deeper presentations from our 2020-21 season through June 30, 2022
- Free guest online ticket to one concert for the season for you to gift to a friend – far or near ($35 value)
- Opportunity to purchase additional online tickets for friends at a discount
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
All concerts are Saturdays at 7:30 pm EDT
October 2: Dramatic Return
First Parish, Sudbury and Online
Thrill to two epic tales of reunification in this all-French program. The Israelites make a miraculous return to their homeland in Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre’s cantata Le Passage sur la mer rouge. Star-crossed lovers are reunited in the land of immortals in Clerambault’s cantata Leandre et Hero. Clerambault’s Sonata La Felicité and an overture by Charpentier complete this season opener. With soprano Teresa Wakim.
December 18: Sounding Joy
Trinity Lutheran Church, Worcester and Online
Classical works to celebrate the season include Mozart’s Exultate Jubilate along with some of our favorite rediscoveries — charming pastorellas by Hupfeld and Werner, an aria for Advent by Haydn, and Leopold Mozart’s Musical Sleigh Ride! With soprano Jessica Petrus.
March 12: Earthly Baroque
First Parish, Wayland and Online
Our beloved program that became a critically-acclaimed CD recording! Transport yourself to a world of wild wonders with Vivaldi’s Goldfinch concerto, Biber’s colorful Sonata Representativa, Werner’s stormy November suite, and the ensemble’s reconstruction of J. F. Lampe’s playful Cuckoo Concerto.
April 30: Taking Inspiration
Harvard-Epworth Church, Cambridge and Online
With “imitation being the highest form of flattery,” this program juxtaposes concertos and sonatas by Handel with works by Telemann, Kaiser, and Scarlatti that provided him inspiration. Also included is a fugue by Corelli that sparked part of Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus.
Plus — A new online Delving Deeper presentation
Episode 4: Sites and Sounds of Early Sudbury
February 12, 2022, Online only
Musicians of the Old Post Road teams up with the Sudbury Historical Society to explore some of history-rich Sudbury’s most fascinating historical sites. Historical Society members offer brief talks at each location, providing a richer understanding of each site’s history and key personages in Sudbury’s past. The ensemble performs modern-day premieres of fascinating, rediscovered works by 18th-century Massachusetts composers and arrangers at each site, bringing this history to life!